Successful integrated design relies on good interactions between the design team and stakeholders on the project. The tone for these interactions is set by the project leadership. This course for engineers and architects gives design team leaders the tools they need to positively influence design interactions and lead successful design.
Over two days participants will practise these leading and influencing tools in the context examples from their own practice and they will leave with a reflective approach that aims to boost their capacity to lead and influence the design process.
21-22 November 2019, Bath – register your interest via email – email@example.com – £550.00
- How to establish trust between design team members and the client
- How to establish an effective working brief with colleagues
- How to catalyse creative conversations in design team meetings
- How to harness emotinal responsese in the design process
- How to positively manage conflict to reach good design outcomes
- How to give effective feedback
- How to convince others of the merits of your ideas
About the trainers
This course is a collaboration between Nick Zienau of Intelligent Action Ltd. and Oliver Broadbent of Constructivist Ltd.
Nick has worked as a consultant facilitating organisational change, training leaders and coaching executives in communication and relationships for the past 25 years – working in the UK and many countries in Europe.
Oliver is an expert facilitator and trainer in design thinking for the built environment. With a background in civil engineering and teaching, he specialises in designing high-impact training that has a lasting effect on the learner. He is a Visiting Professor at Imperial College, London and a regular contributor to the ‘Integrated Design for the Built Environment’ Cambridge Masters programme.
- IStructE – Introduction to Conceptual Design for Structural Engineers
- IStructE – Introduction to Conceptual Design for Structural Engineers – online
- IStructE – Conceptual Design for Advanced Practitioners