Continuous place-based design is a model that creates a transition towards regenerative design.
The key elements of continuous, place-based design:
- Design should exist as part of a long-term connection with place.
- Design that starts with and regularly returns to a practice of deep observation.
- Design that respects the complexity of the human-living system.
- Design that tried to work with what is emergent – with what the system is trying to do.
- Design that humbly seeks to unlock the potential of place.
- Design that is always learning from its actions through long-term repeated practice.